Neocron on Linux
From Neocron Classic Wiki
Guide for Ubuntu 16.04 LTS and variants.
1. Download the key
- wget https://dl.winehq.org/wine-builds/Release.key
- sudo apt-key add Release.key && sudo apt-add-repository 'https://dl.winehq.org/wine-builds/ubuntu/'
2. Update your repos
- sudo apt update
3. Install Wine 3.0
- sudo apt install --install-recommends winehq-stable
4. Download the latest winetricks: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Winetricks/winetricks/master/src/winetricks
- wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Winetricks/winetricks/master/src/winetricks -O ~/bin/winetricks
5. Create the WINE Prefix.
- wine wineboot
6. Neocron needs the Visual Studio 2015 runtimes. Lets install those now.
- winetricks vcrun2015
7. Of course, we'll also need to install DirectX.
- winetricks d3dx9 quartz
8. Set Windows version to Windows 7
- winetricks win7
9. Download and run the Neocron Installer from neocron.org. Run the Launcher via wine and it should patch as normal.
Once these actions are performed, you should have a playable Neocron on Linux.